- Where will CertiflexDimension be installed?
- How do I run the installation program?
- How do I re-install CertiflexDimension or add new modules to an existing CertiflexDimension installation?
- I bought a new computer. How do I get CertiflexDimension data from the old computer?
- Technically, what does the installation program actually do?
Q: Where will CertiflexDimension be installed?
A: The installation process will create the folder CertiFLX for CertiflexDimension (the folder for demonstration software will be CertiFLX/DemoADVX). By default, a single workstation installation will create this folder in C:. You can optionally install CertiflexDimension to any existing local drive path. For example, if you select the ‘C:Program Files’ folder, the program will install CertiflexDimension in C:Program FilesCertiFLX.
Q: How do I run the installation program?
A: Before installing, make sure you have a current backup of your system and close all open Windows programs. You may be required to reboot your computer after installation. Insert the CertiflexDimension CD into your CD drive. The installation program should begin to run automatically. To manually run the installation program:
To install licensed software, select Option 1, Install CertiflexDimension.
To install demonstration software, select Option 2, Install Dimension Demonstration Software. Follow the remaining prompts and instructions of the installation wizard.
Q: How do I re-install CertiflexDimension or add new accounting modules to an existing installation?
A: Perform the following steps:
5. To start the installation wizard, insert the CertiflexDimension CD into your CD drive. From the main installation window, select Option 1, Install CertiflexDimension.
Q: I bought a new computer. How do I get my CertiflexDimension data from the old computer?
A: Perform the following steps:
1. Install CertiflexDimension on your new computer.
2. From your old computer, use the Backup option in CertiflexDimension and select All data files within the …CetiFLX\ADVX folders. Set the backup location to be a portable USB drive or R/W CD. CertiflexDimension backup system compresses data at 80% -90%. Approximately 1.0 GB of uncompressed CertiflexDimension data can be backed up on a 128 MB USB drive.
Q: Technically, what does the installation program actually do?
A: For new installations, the program creates the folder for CertiflexDimension and installs all accounting modules you have selected from the installation wizard. Next, the system automatically creates the required default files and folders needed to operate CertiflexDimension. If you have selected the option to Configure Dimension Setting (the default is always pre-selected to be true), the system will also add the Windows Registry keys required to run CertiflexDimension. If, during the installation wizard, you have selected the option to Install Pervasive Workstation Client, the system will also install and register Pervasive Workstation v6.15 Database Engine and Drivers. The default for this option will automatically be true if the system has not detected existing Pervasive v6.15 above workstation drivers or above. Pervasive database drivers and engines are required to run all CertiflexDimension software. For more detailed articles regarding Pervasive engines and drivers, please see related articles under the KnowledgeBase Category ‘Pervasive/Btrieve Database’.