Minimum Recommended Workstations configuration
* Windows 7, 8, 10
* Windows Vista all Versions service pack 2 or higher
* Windows XP Professional service pack 2 or higher
Minimum Workstations and stand-alone Hardware requirements:
* Minimum 1.6 GHz Pentium 4 or compatible (1GHz + recommended)
* 512 Megs of Ram ( 1.0 + Gigs of Ram recommended)
* 10 Gigabyte of free drive space. Additional 2gigs per company.
* 17” color monitor with a setting of 800×600
* Workstations 10/100 Network cards
* None networked computers- 4x CD.
* External or removable backup
Minimum Network requirements:
* Minimum 1.6 GHz Pentium 4 or compatible or better
* 2 + GIG of Ram
* 50 Gigabyte of free disk space
* External backup
Networks operating systems:
* Windows Server 2008 Minimum service pack 1
* Windows Server 2003 Minimum service pack 2
* Windows small business server 2011, 2012, 2012 R2
Peer to Peer Networks:
* Windows 7
* Windows XP professional Minimum service pack 1
* Windows 2000 professional
* External rotational backup
Networks with 3-5 users
Strongly recommend using Pervasive SQL v9 Workgroups or above
Networks with 5 or more concurrent users
* Strongly recommend using Pervasive SQL v9 or above Client/Server
* Only recommended system with Windows Server 2000/2003/2008 with current Service packs.
Windows Terminal server /Citrix
* Required -Pervasive SQL client server v9 or above.
* Recommended 2GHz processor + with 2 Gigabyte RAM minimum
Pervasive SQL v9 or above is recommended for CertiflexDimension users with five or more concurrent users. The Pervasive SQL client/server architectures provide many benefits, such as more efficient distributed processing, high performance, enhanced data integrity and reliability, remote access support and scalability.
NOTE: CertiflexDimension Version 8 is not compatible with Pervasive versions 9i or above.
Wireless Networks are not recommended
Experiments have shown that performance degrades in the wireless networks as compared to wired networks. The main reason is that, in the wireless networks errors are often caused by many factors, such as the effects of fading, interference and mobility. The communication characteristics of wireless links such as limited bandwidth, high latencies, high bit error rates, and temporary disconnection caused by user mobility and handoffs, makes them not suitable for transactional processing software’s. Security is also an issue in many wireless connections.
We strongly recommend that one computer be dedicated as a server. Meaning no one should do any processing on it. In almost all cases the long term benefits of lower down time, reduced risks of data corruption and system crushes far outweigh the cost of an extra computer.